Ski Region: Close to Geneva for max slope time
|Ski area:||Portes du Soleil|
|Resort height:||1800 m|
|Highest lift:||2466 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||650 kms|
|Transfer time:||1.5 hrs|
|Driving Time :||8hours (Calais –Morzine)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
|Top Lift||2466 m||2466 m|
|Piste length||150 km||650 km|
|Approx Lift Pass price 6 day adult||210 Euros||247.50 Euros|
Please do mail any resort pics that you feel would be of interest to our users to firstname.lastname@example.org
Great traditional resort, part of the massive Portes du Soleil ski area which is the largest in Europe.
Easy to get to and really good priced accommodation (Geneva closest airport).
The resort is spread out in a linear sense along the valley and along the road leading up to Avoriaz. Make sure you know where your accommodation is located; all areas served by a regular free ski bus service.
Plenty going on at night without getting too rowdy.
Great family destination with a British ski school for all ages.
- Beginner to expert
- Short transfers
- Good priced apartments
* 12,5 x 10m teaching pool (heated to 28,5°C)
* 50m2 paddling pool (heated to 31°C)
* 160 m2 spa area with saunas and Turkish baths
* peaceful relaxation area with loungers
- Snowboarders head for the Burton Stash on the way to Avoriaz
- The best placed accommodation is near the Pleney Lifts or just across the Passerelle from Super Morzine
- For 'ski in ski out' consider staying out of town (15 mins walk) at the base of Nyon lift
- Try taking the bus to the Lindarets lift to avoid the crowds on busy days
- Intermediates should try the skiing towards Les Gets
- It's also worth crossing over in Les Gets to try the skiing in and around Mont Chery
5 Day forecast