Ski Region: The Best of the rest
- Season - November to May with summer glacier skiing
|Ski area:||Grand Galaxie Ski|
|Resort height:||1650 m|
|Highest lift:||3600 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||554 kms|
|Transfer time:||1.5 hrs|
|Driving Time :||10/12 hours (Calais – Les 2 Alpes)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
A buzzing resort with loads to do.
Glacier skiing gives great snow guaruntee.
Great for Boarders and freestylers.
Throughout the season the snowboarding park is one of the best, with boarder cross, half pipe.
A little harder to get to than some with more limited choice of Flights to Grenoble.
- Terrain parks
- Snow reliability
- Off piste
Pub Windsor claims to having been the first bar to be built when the resort opened, and it’s still going strong. The atmosphere is welcoming and there’s a choice of 100 beers. Open 3pm until late.
Le Pano Bar (panobar2alpes.com), on the mountain opposite the Jandri Express mid-station, is where the afternoon partying begins, with a DJ from 3pm till 5pm. Later on the action moves on to some 30 bars in town.
Avalanche Club (2alpesnet.com) has been going for the best part of 20 years and is a resort institution for the late night crowd – closing time is at 4am. It features a mix of dance and house music with themed nights and competitions.
- Some of the most difficult runs are at the bottom, while the top is largely given over to easy blues.
- At the end of the day lwer intermediates should return by lift to avopid the steep valley runs
- There’s a halfpipe, superpipe, and boarder/skicross course.
- For experts – hire a guide and then hike or snowcat off the shoulder of the glacier.
5 Day forecast