Ski Region: Close to Geneva for max slope time
|Ski area:||Portes du Soleil|
|Resort height:||1800 m|
|Highest lift:||2466 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||650 kms|
|Transfer time:||1.5 hrs|
|Driving Time :||8hours (Calais –Avoriaz)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
|Top Lift||2466 m||2466 m|
|Piste length||150 km||650 km|
|Approx Lift Pass price 6 day adult||210 Euros||247.50 Euros|
This car free resort is so well designed that there's rarely a walk involved to reach a lift,and you are the centre of a huge ski area.theres a fair amount of nightlife too.
Combine that with a childrens village and an impressive aqua centre with outdoor jacuzzi and lazy river to sooth the muscles- Avoriaz pretty much caters for every taste
- Access to huge portes de Soliel circuit
- Terrain parks
- Ski schools
- Non ski activities
- Avoriaz is car free, on arrival you drive through/get dropped off at a recption area where you can check in and then take a snow taxi -horse drawn or electric, to your accommodation.Self drivers leave their cars at the huge exterior car park close to the reception centre.
- For lunch get out of the resort centre to pay less for better food!
- The quickest way to Switzerland is via the The Mossettes chairlift which goes all the way to the frontier.
- To cover the miles follow the well marked Portes De Soliel circuit
- For variety head to Les Gets for the day,you will need to cross through the pretty town of Morzine on the way.