Ski Region: The Best of the rest
- Latitude - 45.465669
- Longitude - 6.900587
|Ski area:||Espace Killy|
|Resort height:||2100 m|
|Highest lift:||3450 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||152 kms|
|Nearest airports:||Geneva Chambery Grenoble|
|Driving Time :||10 hours (Calais – Tignes)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
Tignes at 2100 m is a high purpose built resort with a long season including summer skiing on the Glacier it shares the Espace Killy with Val D'Isere. The resort has five different base areas, the main one being Val Clartet with Le Lac and Le Lavachet nearby. Lower down the mountain is Les Boisses and a renovated old village Les Brevieres, at the lowest point in the system - 1550 metres (higher than many ski areas end, but with 2000 metres above it!). Much of the accommodation is undergoing upgrade at the moment due to a local intiative and it is certainly better priced than its neighbouring resort of Val D'Isere
Skiing in Tignes
There really is something for everyone with parks,itinerary routes a huge network of pistes and free lifts in the beginners area.
Snowboarding in Tignes
The Palafour Comb offers the biggest snowboarding area in Europe, with a dedicated terrain area over a 600 metre vertical (just under 2000 feet). This remarkable area includes jumps, half pipe, and a free ride zone. Apart from the 'fixed asset' of the snowboard park with half pipe,
Tignes has three dedicated snowboarding schools - The Snocool, Kebra surfing...and Surf feeling, offering off-piste, heli-surf and free riding courses as well as video analysis. The ESF, Evolution 2 and the International Ski school also have snowboarding divisions.
- High altitude snow guaruntee
- Parks and features
- Summer skiing
- Ski School choice
- For best access to skiing pick val Claret or le Lac.
- For best value Lavachet is only a short skibus ride to the pistes.
- Try New Generation ski school for brilliant instruction
- Visit Tignes Cuisine (next to the Loop Bar/opposite the Rosset Chairlift) for “fast and fun” Asian dishes.
- Don’t leave Tignes without skiing the Golf. It’s Tignes’ nature ride piste, an ungroomed black run, providing a great challenge for the week.
5 Day forecast